Getting Started... Soon...

I moved.  That's my excuse for why I haven't seriously started this journey yet.  But, come September 1st, I will go grocery shopping and come home with a bag full of pink ingredients, and probably some ice cream that isn't.  In any case, I had a pink meal a few weeks ago at Baci & Abbracci, a great Italian restaurant my mom found in Williamsburg.  We thought it was empty when we got there (didn't need reservations I guess) but it turns out they have a back yard - something that makes any meal taste better, in my opinion.

I wasn't starving when we got there, but I decided to order the beet & goat cheese gnocchi because it sounded just too perfect for my taste.  And I'm glad I did!  It came with a cream & spinach sauce (sounds heavy right?) but it was superb.  And it was pink!  I love beets, because they make things pinker, and they make things sweeter.  It looked a lot like this dish from a restaurant in soho (which I found on someone else's blog, 89thandbroke.com):



The sauce was light and creamy, with the spinach adding a little dose of green to an otherwise mushy (in a good way!) dish.  The gnocchi was soft and slightly chewy, with the cheese flavors coming through just enough.  I did end up with a few leftovers, but let me tell you, it wasn't because I didn't like it enough to finish it!

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

TrafficRevenue